The In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Advisory Committee was established by the Orange County Board of Supervisors in accordinance with Assembly Bill 1682 which mandated the formation of the IHSS Advisory Committee. The purpose of this Committee is to provide ongoing advice and recommendations regarding IHSS to the County of Orange Board of Supervisors, any administrative body in the county that is related to the delivery and administration of IHSS, and the governing body and administrative agency of the Orange County IHSS Public Authority.
IHSS Advisory Committee responsibilities include the following:
- Staying informed/educated on the IHSS issues
- Provide input on IHSS issues
- Participate in outreach and educational activities
- Preview, advise and make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors, via the CEO’s legislative staff, on pending legislation that may impact the IHSS Program, Consumers and Providers
- With the approval of the Governing Board, engage in advocacy activities related to IHSS Consumer and Provider issues
The IHSS Advisory Committee is comprised of eleven members: