|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 30, 2007
Mauk Staying as
Orange County CEO
(Santa Ana, CA) Thomas G. Mauk, Chief Executive Officer, is pleased to announce that he is staying with Orange County as CEO.
“The support of the Orange County Board of Supervisors and staff of the County was key to my decision,” said Mauk. “The Los Angeles Board of Supervisors is first class and a remarkable Board for oversight of the nation’s largest County.”
Mr. Mauk indicated there is much to do in Orange County under the direction of the Board of Supervisors including:
- Strategic plan process
- Labor negotiations with the Association of Orange County Deputy Sheriffs
- Retiree medical reform implementation
- Public facilities study and master plan
- 2007-08 budget and business plans
- Expand open space and recreation opportunities in North Orange County
- Implementation of Dana Point Harbor revitalization
Details of the revised employment contract will be available prior to the February 6 Board meeting.