Client Services Division (CSD) serves
as the nexus between the business of the Agency/Department
and the Orange County Information Technology organization.
CSD's role is to build relationships with customers
and ensure their needs are met by serving as their
primary point of contact for Information Technology
services. CSD is made up of four sections: Business
Solutions, Document Imaging, Information Technology
Solutions, and Web Development. Services offered are
– Program, database, and procedural corrections
that originate from business and customer requirements.
– Program, database, procedural changes
that are required to support changes in policy, statute,
regulation, or operating environment.
– Changes that are incremental to in-place business,
system, and process specifications that result in
improved processes, reduced time to complete tasks,
increased productivity, and/or to capitalize on new
–The Client Services Division develops
multi-tiered integrated web solutions. The team is
skilled in Microsoft and Java programming languages,
various DBMS's, and application and web servers. They
support middleware and databases from IBM and Microsoft,
are versed in Object Oriented Analysis, Design, and
Programming, and use UML for notation and diagramming
and XML for describing transaction interfacing. The
mainframe team is called upon to develop local programs
to fulfill agency mandates.
Project Management Oversight
– Oversee project activities at any point in
the life cycle.
Document Imaging (DI):
– Review, evaluate and liaison with hardware
and software vendors to ensure adequate support is
available to Agencies/Departments thus ensuring maintenance,
versioning and upgrades are current and provided for
– Provide hardware, software and integration
services for DI applications throughout the County
– Maintain and manage a cadre of county personnel
to provide cost effective scanning services to Agencies/Departments
IT Solutions – DCSS Support:
– Provide delivery and oversight of all information
technology services and personnel support for the
Department of Child Support Services.
– Aid Agencies/Departments with implementing
best practices in web design and usability thus increasing
customer usage and satisfaction.
- By empowering business users to manage their own
content, expensive developer resources are freed from
being ad hoc content managers. This results in reduced
support costs and enables organizations to redeploy
those resources to work on new projects that address
the most critical business needs.
The advantages to Content Management are:
- Ensure brand consistency across all enterprise
- Unify content across business applications and
sites to drive consistency and reuse
- Empower business users to manage their own content
- Drive multiple initiatives in parallel (intranets,
portals, Web Sites, etc) without requiring IT involvement
- Enforce governance standards - Improving visibility
and transparency of business processes and content
control to fiscal management.